G-Assist happens after the draw phrase.
- Your vanguard must be Grade 2 or lower.
- Your hand must have no cards 1 grade higher than your vanguard.
- Your G-Zone must have 2 or more cards in it.
How to perform G-Assist
- Show your hand to your opponent.
- Look at the top 5 cards of your deck.
- Choose up to 1 card whose Grade is exactly 1 higher than your vanguard, show it to your opponent, and add it to your hand. Any other cards are shuffled into the deck.
- If you added a card to your hand in step 3, then remove 2 cards in your hand and 2 cards in the G-Zone from the game (this is not bind). If you did not add a card to your hand, then shuffle the deck and continue to the Ride Phase.
G-Assist will take Cardfight!! Vanguard to the next level. Players will no longer have to fear being grade locked at tournaments. They can now overcome the situation and find a grade 3 unit to ride the vanguard! Bushiroad received a lot of criticism from players for not having a rule to assist with being grade locked. It's great to see Bushiroad listen to the criticism and fixed the an annoying problem.